Friday, November 25, 2005

Employee Recognition Week

Things just get better at my workplace. The week of November 21 to 25 was officially declared as "Employee Recognition Week". Yeah. Activities included a creative writing and photo contests and various lunch time workshops including one that taught people how to select books for their children. Long service pins were handed out yesterday - that was nice touch. But the best was saved for last. This morning I received an official Employee Recognition Week pen. Yup, a pen. Meanwhile, executive management is changing the terms of employment for over 200 non-union employees. Hey, I may have to work more hours, may lose my flex time and may lose overtime (in exchange for 5 vacation days), but at least I know that my employer appreciates me enough to give me a pen.