Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bloglines

About 2 months or so ago, I signed up with Bloglines, a "FREE online service for searching, subscribing, creating and sharing news feeds, blogs and rich web content". Previously, I had been using the Firefox extension Sage to read RSS feeds. While an excellent program, Sage is only really useful when one uses a single computer. Many people do not - some have a computer at home and another at work. It became an annoyance to have to browse through the same articles that you browsed through at work.

So I registered with Bloglines. I was able to import my feeds from Sage - a big help. It took a few hours to figure out how things worked, but eventually I got hand of it. I group my feeds by folders. I have not experienced any downtime or delays with Bloglines. I would recommend Bloglines to anyone looking to consolidate their feeds in a single place.