Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tax Time

If there is one thing I don't look forward to this year, it is filing our income tax returns. While I do use a software program (Taxtron for the last time) to do our returns, our 2005 returns are a little more complicated requiring us to mail in our returns. My retro pay from work and the disability certificate for my oldest son, means including notes in our returns and filing our taxes the old fashioned way: by mail. I have read through some material to prepare, but it seems to me that the present income tax system is out-of-whack with reality. Just how many forms and schedules does one have to fill out? I am a huge supporter of a flat tax system with generous basic deductions for your spouse and/or dependents. The income tax system should be simple not complex.

No comments: