Friday, June 16, 2006

Yamaha HTR-5890S Receiver - Three Months Later

It has been three months since the unit was put into service and I do not regret purchasing this receiver. I finally hooked up the sub-woofer and it makes a big difference. The audio is spectacular. Watching DVDs or playing games on the PS2 is an experience. I have not fiddled too much with any of the settings, buttons, or knobs. I turn it on, select the input device and the receiver automatically picks the best audio stream. No problems with the gazillion buttons on the remote - the buttons you are most likely to use are can be pressed with one hand while holding the remote. Basically, the receiver just sits there. My 7-year old knows how to turn it on and select the appropriate input. I highly recommend this receiver.

No comments: