Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogshares Update

I haven't done one of these in a while. My net worth continues to grow. I'm within striking distance of hitting a trillion dollars in net worth. Moderating has slowed down as the number of available of votes hovers around 1,000, plus or minus 500. I'll probably get back into moderating some time after Corbin's birthday. I have also cleaned an index or two over the summer, but my participation with the Friends of the Index (FOI) is about to end as I will be volunteering my time in another aspect of the game - stay tuned.

The biggest change is the 'New Idea Math'. I won't get into a long discussion about the new math, primarily because I'm still trying to understand it. The main outcome of the new math is that the price of ideas will fluctuate and be more cyclical. No more hoarding ideas and watching them increase in value by 30 percent. It's been a roller coaster ride with the new idea math. I have reduced my idea holdings from just over $300 billion to just over $70 billion. I was able to sell a bunch of ideas before the new math kicked in - the idea market was over valued and the new math has been taking care of this overvaluation. I saw an initial net increase in wealth followed by slight decline. This is the new math.

No comments: