Sunday, September 17, 2006

Time Flies

I promised myself that I would try to post more regularly. Seeing as it has been over three weeks since my last post, things have not worked out as promised. I'll try to post at least once a week - no promises though.

One reason for not posting was because I was out of town on training. Yup, my employer ponied up some money to send a colleague and myself to Richmond Hill to a Noise Control in Land Use Planning course. This was a very intense, 5-day course where we learned about the basics of acoustics, noise control measures, Provincial guidelines and how to review reports submitted by consultants. We had a few field trips. The course was well worth the trip and week away from home - though my wife may think otherwise.

On Labour Day weekend, the wife took the boys up to the in-laws, leaving me to my own devices. I managed to empty the swimming pool, but was unable to completely dry out due to rain showers (of course). I did manage to get few other things done outside before the rain began.

The oldest boy is showing more interest in the computer and it's only a matter of time before the younger boy starts banging on the keys (he has shown a very keen interest in TV remotes). So we have decided to purchase a desktop computer in the coming month or so. Any suggestions?

No comments: