Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Poorly Designed Web Site

Once in a while, usually when we take our son to Camp, we will use Highway 407 to bypass the traffic in Burlington, Mississauga and Toronto. It's a toll road and since we don't have a transponder, it costs about $15 from the QEW to the 400. But it is fast and I experience very little stress.

The 407 ETR web site is designed by people who must never use the web to pay bills or do their banking. First you enter your account number. Next, you enter your PIN. Next you answer your security question. Three separate screens to access your account.

You decide to pay your bill so you click on pay your bill. Problem is that the dollar amount of your bill is nowhere to be seen. So you would have to backtrack, get the dollar amount and write it down on a piece of paper. How is that useful?

I select MasterCard and the screen refreshes. I enter my credit card information and click on Submit. I get an error about not entering my phone number. Huh? I go to Change Account Detail and there is no where to enter a phone number. What the heck is going on?


Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. It's just as bad as Bell Canada's online account system.