Monday, December 24, 2007

Best Buy and Future Shop Tank

So much for online shopping for Boxing Day bargains at BestBuy.ca and FutureShop.ca tonight. Not even five minutes in and the system was already bogged down. My checkout queue indicator had not moved in an hour at Best Buy - refreshing the screen brought up a screen indicating that the site was experiencing technical difficulties.

Over at Future Shop, my session had timed out - a new screen saying that Future Shop was experiencing higher than expected traffic. Wonderful.

About 3 hours later and I back shopping. The digital picture frame at Best Buy is sold out, but I did manage to purchase a 50-pack of Memorex Double Layer DVD-R discs and Rush Replay X3 DVD set. Over at Future Shop, I'm looking to buy a 2 GB Sandisk thumb drive and a 100 pack of DVDs.