Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snowblowers and Lawnmowers

Okay, I have to admit that the volume of snow this season has pushed me to buy a snowblower. I've done the research and picked the Toro Power Clear 421Q single stage snowblower.

Think I could find one in the past two months in Southern Ontario? Not one. We don't have any direct sell retailers in Canada. I may have to rely on contacts in the US to find one.

Walk into Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire or Home Hardware and you will likely see a growing display of lawnmowers. Lawnmowers? Who is buying lawnmowers in February when there is still a foot or two of snow? Do people get the urge to buy a lawnmower when the snow is falling? And if they do buy one, it's just going to sit there for two or more months.

One a random online forum, I read someone who was also looking for the 421Q. Seems some retailers in the Toronto area sold out in August. Do they mean August as is in hot, hazy and humid summer month August? This reminds of the receiving the Sears winter catalog in June.

I just don't get it. Why can't I buy a snowblower during the seasons known as Fall and Winter? And who would be buying a lawnmower in February?