Sunday, June 28, 2009

Political Correctness Gone Awry

Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005

One requirement of the AODA is that anyone working in a customer service aspect must take training in how to provide customer service to people with disabilities.

My training consisted watching an online video about providing customer service to people with disabilities. Can I please have that one hour of my life back?

Yet another common sense thing has to be turned into a mandated issue. Hey, my kid has a disability. My wife worked with families that have children with disabilities. So, I probably have a little more experience dealing with people with disabilities then most of my fellow workers.

Have we become so tame, so whipped, that we need the government telling us how to deal people, disability or no disability? Whatever happened to personal responsibility?